Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Dear Mother

Dear Mother,

I address this piece to you
To remind you of my love for you
The hardest thing I have had to do
Is fly to England, far from you

Im proud to say you are my mother
You raised me, my sister and brother
Nurturing us through our infant years
Cleaning and changing our underwears

Never complaining, just giving us love
I always knew that you were a gift from above
Ever present and always ready to guide
With you, there is nothing I would hide

We love you, and I hope you know
I understand the affections you show
Worrying and caring that comes from the heart
It is the reason nothing can tear us apart

And to the greatest DAD also sent from above
We are proud of you, even with the tough love
I apologise for all the heart ache we have caused
And thank you for forgiving and not giving up on us

Dear mother, To you returns my focus
In our family, you are the backbone, the locus
On this special day, you should enjoy and savour
Feasting on delicacies and avoiding any form of labour

I hope on you birthday all your wishes come true
Long life and prosperity are my wishes for you

We love you mum

From your sons

No comments:

Post a Comment